States Visited

Monday, February 16, 2009

Left, Right, Left, Right - as we march into oblivion

I came across two opinion pieces during my morning reading that I wanted to share.

First, to those on the Right that still hold onto the belief that the Republicans can save us, it is time to pull your head out of the sand. Anyone that wants to go back and read my blog posts over the last couple of years can see this process occurring in my head, the slow realization that I've been had. Hey, I know how hard it is to let go of something you believed in so strongly, but you must come to terms with it. The people you trusted and believed in lied to you and they've been doing it for years. I was wrong. Big time. I can't undo the past, but I can face the future with open eyes.

I've come to the conclusion that everyone in positions of power and influnce know that the game is up and all they are doing now is looting the coffers and vying for positions of power in the "new" government.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w79.html

Second, even though I have "seen the light" when it comes to the Republican party, it was not a miracle that provided me with some sort of new understanding of exactly how a government should operate and what I want out of political leaders. I've spent the last two years trying to find the answer to those questions and I have made some significant progress, but it is difficult when you feel you can't trust anyone.

In the mean time, the thing I have been saying might happen, has happened and the pace at which we are marching into oblivion has quickened. So, what to do? As much as this country likes to engage in "party" politics, when it can find the energy to tear itself away from American Idol or football or whatever it is we do rather than pay attention to Washington, everyone is going to get slapped in the face with reality very soon. Perhaps you will take stock of the situation and come to a different conclusion that the one I have reached. Be that as it may, I think this guy has an interesting take and some good advice.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer188.html

No comments: