States Visited

Friday, January 16, 2009

Uh, this isn't helping...

Anyone that has spent any time around me or reading my blog will know how I feel about politicians. I can assure you that having 30+ minutes added to my commute each afternoon just so one can stop by the city for a visit on his way to his coronation doesn't help.

Gay Street closed through Sunday for Obama visit
By a Baltimore Sun reporter
11:44 AM EST, January 14, 2009
Gay Street from Fayette to Lexington streets will be closed today through Sunday because of President-elect Barack Obama's visit to Baltimore. Drivers can still access nearby garages today through Friday, and buses will be diverted, according to the city's Transportation Department. Details about Obama's visit have not been officially released, but local officials appear to be planning for a speech in War Memorial Plaza, in front of City Hall, on Saturday.


I wonder how many millions of gallons of gas have been wasted and how much carbon dioxide has been released by cars forced to sit in traffic because of traffic problems caused by the inauguration (and the trip to the inauguration) alone. Just call it one more example of politicians believing that the laws and rules the implement do not apply to them personally. I'm guessing that none of the global climate change nuts, such as the one proposing we trap cow farts, call out their messiah for it.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder how much rail freight has been disrupted just so Obama can make his little train ride. Further, I wonder just how many lives have been disrupted?

No comments: