States Visited

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I hate feeling so pessimistic; ignorance is bliss, I suppose. I'm sure some of you have been hearing about it but the federal government has agreed to bail-out AIG in return for about 80% of its stock. I understand why they did it and I'm not sure I could offer a better alternative, but, in less than two months, we have the federal government taking a controlling interest in half of the home mortgages in the country and now the largest insurer in the country. In other words - nationalization.

It doesn't take a PhD in history to know what happens to countries that have governments ignoring its own laws to do things that are for the 'common good.' If you don't know, then I...I really don't know what to tell you. Go read. A lot.

The anniversary?

September 17, 1787 was the day the Constitution of the United States was completed and presented to the Constitutional Convention. It took about a year and a half from its completion for it to be ratified and become the law of the land. I wonder if 18 months from now we will all be realizing that the U.S. Constitution, as we knew it, died 221 years to the day after it was born?

No comments: