States Visited

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Random thoughts

Monday, October 06, 2008

A sure sign that the world might be coming to an end - Vanderbilt is in the Top 25 and Florida State, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame and Michigan are not.

Another sign that the apocalypse is upon us - arguably the best writer on Conservative American politics is an openly gay Roman Catholic that isn't even a citizen of this country.

If human zygotes were being threatened by the building of a power plant or a refinery liberals would be screaming from the mountain tops and filing hundreds of lawsuits to protect it. It is only a 'lump of cells' when it is inconvenient to think of it any other way. Either that or the lawsuit to protect the red-tipped swamp darter has something other than protecting the environment at its heart.

Alabama is ranked 2 and shouldn't be any higher than 8th.

John McCain cannot win the debate on the economy when he, nor his advisors, can explain how a problem caused by government intervention can only be solved by more intervention. Go read this if you want to hear it from someone other than me - http://myslu.stlawu.edu/~shorwitz/open_letter.htm

People in Birmingham often ask me about living in the north. I explain that I am technically still in the south because I am below the Mason-Dixon line. I tell my friends in Baltimore that no one in the "south" thinks of Maryland as being in the south. I now have absolute proof. The last two minutes of the Alabama - Kentucky game were interrupted to show a tribute to Michael Phelps. Nothing short of a national emergency - something along the lines of 9/11 - would cause a station in the 'real' south to interrupt a close football game with two minutes left.

There is now another video of children offering 'praise' to Obama. Only this time they are chanting and wearing military fatigues. Hitler Youth anyone?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEQz5dltmI This stuff scares the crap out of me.

Two things are becoming painfully clear - (1) Sarah Palin, while beautiful and approachable, so far seems to be in WAY over her head and (2) McCain and his advisors couldn't possibly have spent much time vetting her for the job. Maybe she could grow into the position, but, right now, it scares the hell out of me to think she would be one heartbeat away from the Oval Office.

As unqualified as I think Palin is to be President and as much as it scares me to consider it, I would rather have her than Obama...I think.

Even playing fantasy football can't get me interested in the NFL.

No comments: